Final Mountain West Bowl Projections
Fresno stat going to Los Angeles
Games are coming into picture
The Mountain West will have seven bowl-eligible teams and a few bowl games are locked in before Sunday’s barrage of announcements. It was announced earlier in the week that the Hawaii Bowl would be taking San Diego State to go up against Middle Tennessee State.
Fresno State upsetting Boise State to win the Mountain West title game on Saturday will have the Bulldogs going to the Jimmy Kimmel Bowl.
The other bowl game that is reportedly set is Wyoming going to the Arizona Bowl against a MAC team, per the Casper-Star Tribune.
This leaves Boise State, Air Force, Utah State, and San Jose State will bowl opportunities. UNLV still has an outside chance at five wins and has the second-best APR behind Rice.
However, the Rebels may be shut out with New Mexico State earning a waiver at 5-6 with their game vs. San Jose State being canceled, plus Buffalo became bowl in their makeup game. The big reason UNLV might not go to their first bowl game since 2013.
Here are the bowl lineup for the Mountain West this year.
– Cotton Bowl – at-large vs. Group of Five
– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs MAC
– Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl vs Pac-12
– New Mexico Bowl vs Conference USA
– Barstool Arizona Bowl vs MAC
– EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl vs Conference USA
Backup tie-ins are below
– Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big Ten or Big 12
– Cure Bowl vs Group of Five
– RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl vs Group of Five
– SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs Group of Five
– Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl vs Group of Five