Week 11 Mountain West Bowl Projections
Who will be bowl eligible next?
Teams are getting closer
The season is getting closer to an end which means more and more teams are becoming bowl eligible. Two that are on the cusp are Utah State and UNLV.
The Rebels have four wins with an easier schedule by playing Hawaii and Nevada, but the road tilt against the Warriors is tricky for many teams, plus it’s a rivalry game as well.
Utah State has to play two teams that might just be in the conference title game with hosting San Jose State and then going to Boise State on a Black Friday morning game to wrap up the season.
Six Mountain West teams have reached bowl eligibility, two more can still get there: Utah State and UNLV.
USU (5-5): vs. SJSU, at Boise
UNLV (4-6): at Hawaii, vs. Nevada
Who gets to six wins?
— Mountain West Wire (@MWCwire) November 16, 2022
If those two teams do get to bowl eligibility that would mean the Mountain West would have eight teams going bowling. The odds of one getting shut out seem very unrealistic because last year a pop-up bowl game was created to allow all bowl eligible teams to play in a post season game.
ESPN’s Football Power Index gives the Rebels a 51.5% chance to get to six wins and Utah State 44.3% chance to do the same.
Here are the bowl lineup for the Mountain West this year.
– Cotton Bowl – at-large vs. Group of Five
– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs MAC
– Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl vs Pac-12
– New Mexico Bowl vs Conference USA
– Barstool Arizona Bowl vs MAC
– EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl vs Conference USA
Backup tie-ins are below
– Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big Ten or Big 12
– Cure Bowl vs Group of Five
– RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl vs Group of Five
– SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs Group of Five
– Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl vs Group of Five