Mountain West Bowl Projections After Week 8
We are getting closer to teams getting bowl eligibility
Contact/Follow @JeremyMauss & @MWCwire
Clarity is happening
The Mountain West top to bottom is shaking out mostly for how we thought it would be. Boise State is leading the Mountain Division with San Diego State and Fresno State in the running for the West Division.
The overall records may not be great, especially for the Bulldogs and Aztecs, but they are the frontrunners are projected.
All signs point to UNLV making a bowl game this year and it would be the first time in almost a decade they’d go to the post season. San Jose State could win the league, and it is looking more and more likely that the conference could have seven teams go bowling. There are three teams with five victories and three with four. Fresno State is looking more like a bowl game but they are just 3-4 at the moment.
Here are the bowl lineup for the Mountain West this year.
– Cotton Bowl – at-large vs. Group of Five
– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs MAC
– Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl vs Pac-12
– New Mexico Bowl vs Conference USA
– Barstool Arizona Bowl vs MAC
– EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl vs Conference USA
Back up tie-ins are below
– Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big Ten or Big 12
– Cure Bowl vs Group of Five
– RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl vs Group of Five
– SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs Group of Five
– Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl vs Group of Five
Preseason Bowl Projections | Week 0 | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7