Week 7 Mountain West Bowl Projections
It is like throwing darts, or shuffling cards
Contact/Follow @JeremyMauss & @MWCwire
Six teams? Maybe more?
The Mountain West season is very unique this year. There have been some weird results and injuries have played a big part of this season. UNLV lost their second-straight game but they have a number of injuries including quarterback Doug Brumfield. The Rebels are still sitting at two wins away from bowl eligibility.
On the other sides, Fresno State is still without quarterback Jake Haener and other players are slowly coming back and they pulled off an upset over San Jose State in an unexpected defensive battle.
That Bulldogs win gets them two just two on the year. To make a bowl game they need to go 4-2 the rest of the way. They have a shot to get to six with games against New Mexico, Hawaii, and Nevada, all of which seem like a good chance for wins. San Diego State has been trending down, Wyoming is hit or miss and UNLV could be tough if they get healthy.
Getting seven teams bowling will be a tough challenge this year as we reach the midseason point.
Here are the bowl lineup for the Mountain West this year.
– Cotton Bowl – at-large vs. Group of Five
– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs MAC
– Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl vs Pac-12
– New Mexico Bowl vs Conference USA
– Barstool Arizona Bowl vs MAC
– EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl vs Conference USA
Back up tie-ins are below
– Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big Ten or Big 12
– Cure Bowl vs Group of Five
– RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl vs Group of Five
– SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs Group of Five
– Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl vs Group of Five
Preseason Bowl Projections | Week 0 | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6