Week 6 Mountain West Bowl Projections
A new leader?
Bowl projection season is here after, as usual
Week 6 is over and the league is sort of starting to take shape. We have San Jose doing quite well through the league, Boise State rebounding after a slow start, UNLV is surprising, despite its loss, and Fresno State really needs Jake Haener back.
The bowl projections have been slowly changing but this week has a few new wrinkles with Utah State playing better and clearly on the bowl radar despite being 2-4. It will take a great second half run to get to six wins.
Here are the bowl lineup for the Mountain West this year.
– Cotton Bowl – at-large vs. Group of Five
– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs MAC
– Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl vs Pac-12
– New Mexico Bowl vs Conference USA
– Barstool Arizona Bowl vs MAC
– EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl vs Conference USA
Back up tie-ins are below
– Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big Ten or Big 12
– Cure Bowl vs Group of Five
– RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl vs Group of Five
– SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs Group of Five
– Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl vs Group of Five