Air Force Football: Falcons Release Preliminary Depth Chart Ahead Of Media Days
The Falcons are coming off of a very successful 2021 season. Who looks like they could play big roles in running it back?
A healthy mix of veterans and new cadets.
While Mountain West football’s media days arent set to begin until Wednesday, the Air Force Falcons got a jump on starting a conversation with the release of an initial depth chart ahead of fall camp and the 2022 season.
First reported by Brent Briggeman of the Colorado Springs Gazette, there aren’t a huge number of unexpected wrinkles on a team which projected to return roughly half the starters to a lineup which won ten games last fall. Haaziq Daniels, Brad Roberts, Trey Taylor and others are secure in their roles, but some new names could become prominent figures later this year.
- At center, Thor Paglialong is atop the depth chart after starting five games, including the last three, at the position in 2021. Luke Hallstrom, who also started five games, is the backup.
- After splitting time at right guard throughout last season, Isaac Cochran and Wesley Ndago will get the first opportunity to cement their standing at both guard positions. One or the other will have to replace Hawk Wimmer, the only Diesel to start every game in 2021.
- Though he is listed as a wide receiver on the recently updated 2022 roster, DeAndre Hughes is listed as the starter at tailback.
- Dane Kinamon is listed as a starter at wide receiver, but junior Wyatt Wilson appears to be the one with a first shot at replacing Micah Davis at the other spot.
- In a similar vein, Jayden Thiergood looks set to take on the defensive tackle role previously assigned to Jordan Jackson, who was selected in the NFL Draft this past spring.
- The Falcons have a wealth of talent at inside linebacker, but TD Blackmon and Alec Mock are currently listed ahead of Jonathan Youngblood and Bo Richter.
- In the presumed three-man competition to start at cornerback, Eion Castonguay and Zion Kelly have received the early nod over Michael Mack II.
- Camby Goff spent most of 2021 listed as a starter at outside linebacker, but his early assignment for 2022 will be to replace Corvan Taylor at strong safety, atop the depth chart opposite Trey Taylor.
- If you’re looking for underclassmen, they’re few and far between. Kicker Matthew Dapore, punter/holder Carson Bay, and Bay’s backup Owen Konopacki are the only sophomores anywhere on the two-deep.