Week 10 Mountain West Football Power Rankings
The top is getting a little bit more clear, sort of
We have a new number one
With Fresno State dropping a game to Boise State and in a beatdown fashion, the Bulldogs have slipped from their top spot in our staff power rankings and have fallen all the way down to No. 4.
Taking over the top spot is San Diego State who earned nine of the 12 first-place votes, they are followed by Nevada who garnered the other three and then Utah State moved up a pair of spots to No. 3.
Boise State moved up just one spot even though they easily defeated former No. 1 Fresno State. It seems voters are not inclinded to fully trust the Broncos after just one game. They take on Wyoming at home this week and will try to snap its three-game home losing streak which is something that has not happened since they were in the Big West and an FCS program back in the mid 1990s.
At the other end of the poll, UNLV climbed out of the basement — at least for this week — after they defeated New Mexico who is now in the 12th positon overall.
1. San Diego State (9 First-place votes, 130 points, LW: 3)
2. Nevada (3 First-place votes 120 points, LW: 2)
3. Utah State (100 points, LW: 5)
4. Fresno State (95 points, LW: 1)
5. Boise State (80 points, LW: 6)
6. Air Force (75 points, LW: 4)
7. San Jose State (65 points, LW: 9)
8. Wyoming (61 points, LW: 10)
9. Colorado State (58 points, LW: 7)
10. Hawaii (44 points, LW 8)
11. UNLV (20 points, LW: 12)
12. New Mexico (16 points, LW: 11)