Week 7 Mountain West Football Power Rankings
Collision course this week.
Rams up, Cowboys down
Welp… when things get in the way for real life, the power rankings take a hit, sorry everyone. This was done before UNLV vs. San Jose State game so those results will not be included.
At the top there are now three teams that earned a first-place vote with San Diego State, Nevada, and Air Force; those three are also the top teams in this week’s poll.
There were some adjustments with Utah State rising and Boise State falling this week; plus, just maybe, everyone has figured out what to do with Wyoming. The Cowboys have a solid 4-2 record but have lost two straight and haven’t played well over the past three games which includes the 24-22 win over UConn.
1. San Diego State (10 first-place votes, 142 points, LW: 1)
2. Nevada (2 first-place votes, 110 points, LW: 2)
3. Air Force (100 points, LW: 6)
4. Fresno State (90 points, LW: 4)
5. Boise State (80 points, LW: 3)
6. Utah State (77 points, LW: 7)
7. Colorado State (62 points, LW: 8)
8. Wyoming (60 points, LW: 4)
9. Hawaii (49 points, LW 9)
10. San Jose State (32 points, LW: 10)
11. New Mexico (21 points, LW: 11)
12. UNLV (11 points, LW: 12)