Week 2 Mountain West Football Power Rankings
Who tops No. 1 this week
Finally a unanimous pick
What a week makes in Mountain West play, after a week when seemingly half of the league earned a first-place vote but now there is one team sitting at the top and it is the Nevada Wolf Pack who are 2-0.
The rest of the league poll is still jumbled around with teams on an early bye, having an FCS team on the schedule, or really close losses like Fresno State and Boise State did against some solid teams.
Here are a few sample ballots.
Week 2 power rankings for @MWCwire.
2. Fresno State
3. San Diego State
4. Boise State
5. Utah State
6. San Jose State
7. Air Force
10. New Mexico
12. Colorado State https://t.co/EjBWP3gcdR
— Jeremy Mauss (@JeremyMauss) September 13, 2021
The rankings should really take shape in a few weeks and the different voting styles also is a factor. As for myself, playing an FCS team is a mark in my books within the first few weeks, just because not much is known in those games unless there is a loss that happened to Colorado State and UNLV.
The biggest move in the poll is San Diego State who jumped up from seventh to a tie for third with Boise State.
This week there will be point totals to show how close these votes are for each team in this poll.
1. Nevada (14 first-place votes, 168 points, LW: 1)
2. Fresno State (132 points, LW: 2)
3. San Diego State (123 points, LW: 7)
3. Boise State (123 points, LW: 3)
4. Air Force (100 points, LW: 6)
5. Utah State (99 points, LW: 5)
6. San Jose State (92 points, LW: 4)
8. Wyoming (89 points, LW: 9)
9. New Mexico (65 points, LW: 10)
10. Hawaii (57 points, LW: 8)
11. UNLV (23 points, LW: 12)
12. Colorado State (19 points, LW: 11)