Mountain West Football Media Projects Nevada, Boise State as 2021 Division Winners
The Mountain West football media expects the Wolf Pack and the Broncos to meet in 2021’s championship game.
Are the races that clear-cut?
The Mountain West football media days are underway today and it kicked off in a big fashion as the conference’s media made its picks for how the 2021 season will unfold.
𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭 #𝗠𝗪𝗙𝗕 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗢𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵
— Mountain West (@MountainWest) July 21, 2021
Nevada and Boise State are expected reach the Mountain West championship as the winners of the West division and Mountain division, respectively. The projections aren’t without some love for potential dark horses, however, as five different teams received at least one first-place vote.
- Nevada (19 first-place votes) — 141 points
- San Jose State (5 first-place votes) — 121 points
- San Diego State — 96 points
- Fresno State (1 first-place vote) — 85 points
- Hawaii — 56 points
- UNLV — 26 points
- Boise State (23 first-place votes) — 148 points
- Wyoming (2 first-place votes) — 115 points
- Air Force — 104 points
- Colorado State — 72 points
- Utah State — 47 points
- New Mexico — 39 points
Like last year, there isn’t a ton of difference at the top between how the conference media foresees the season and our own staff’s predictions, so we’ll see if the wisdom of crowds holds or if another surprise or two is in order.