2021 NCAA Tournament Bracket Is Set: Mountain West Gets Two Teams
Bracket is revealed
San Diego State, Utah State make the field
The NCAA tournament field is set and the Mountain West is getting a pair of teams in the field of 68. San Diego State won the Mountain West tournament to earn an automatic bid.
The Aztecs are going to be a No. 6 seed and will face off against No. 11 Syracuse out of the ACC.
Utah State was a bubble team and its two regular-season wins over San Diego State is a key reason why they earned an at-large bid. The Aggies will be an 11 seed and made the main field and take on No. 6 seeded Texas Tech.
The Matt Wells Bowl pic.twitter.com/L9LSR4rKq0
— Yahoo Sports College Football (@YahooSportsCFB) March 14, 2021
The tournament has a slightly different schedule with the First Four games are all on Thursday and the first- and second-round games are now on Friday and Saturday rather than the traditional Thursday and Friday first round of games.
- First Four — 4 p.m. start on Thursday, March 18
- First round — 12 p.m. start on Friday, March 19, and Saturday, March 20
- Second round — 12 p.m. start on Sunday, March 21, and Monday, March 22
- Sweet 16 — 2 p.m. start on Saturday, March 27, and 1 p.m. start on Sunday, March 28
- Elite Eight — 7 p.m. start on Monday, March 29, and 6 p.m. start on Tuesday, March 30
- Final Four — 5 p.m. start on Saturday, April 3
- NCAA championship game — 9 p.m. Monday, April 5