Mountain West Bowl Projections After Week 15
Few spots left.
Three bowl bids?
The Mountain West is looking very likely that they will be down to just three bowl teams this year, and that was amplified by both San Diego State and Fresno State losing over the weekend.
The teams that are going bowling should be Boise State, San Jose State, and Nevada. If enough teams opt-out of a bowl game like Boston College, Virginia, and Pitt then maybe another Mountain West team could get in. Those other teams that would be in the running are Hawaii, San Diego State, or Fresno State as they all have a .500 record.
The reason or just three bowl teams is that the Los Angeles Bowl is not playing this year and the Frisco bowl has SMU already committed and it is not likely a Mountain West team will be their opponent.
- College Football Playoff/New Year’s Six Bowl
- CANCELED Los Angeles (Bowl name TBA) vs. Pac-12, Los Angeles
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC, Boise, Idaho
- New Mexico Bowl vs. C-USA, Albuquerque, N.M.
- NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. MAC, Tucson, Ariz.
- CANCELED SoFi Hawai’i Bowl vs. AAC or C-USA, Honolulu
- Tropical Smoothie Café Frisco Bowl vs. AAC, C-USA, AAC