Mountain West Bowl Projections After Week 13
Upsets change the bowl projections.
It will be a popularity contest
There were three games in the Mountain West this week and there were nearly just two with cancelations. San Diego State was able to find a last-second game to take on Colorado but the Aztecs ended up losing a close one.
Boise State vs. San Jose State was likely to be a winner advances to the Mountain West title game but that was also canceled and was very unfortunate that this game did not get played.
What likely will happen for these bowl games will be to take teams that are popular to be on TV. Records will not be ignored meaning the Spartans 4-0 record will be rewarded and they still have a shot at the league’s top bowl game in Los Angeles.
- College Football Playoff/New Year’s Six Bowl (Fiesta or Cotton)
- Los Angeles (Bowl name TBA) vs. Pac-12, Los Angeles
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC, Boise, Idaho
- New Mexico Bowl vs. C-USA, Albuquerque, N.M. moved to Frisco, Texas
- NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. MAC, Tucson, Ariz.
- CANCELED SoFi Hawai’i Bowl vs. AAC or C-USA, Honolulu
- Tropical Smoothie Café Frisco Bowl vs. AAC, C-USA, AAC