Mountain West Bowl Projections After Week 10
Upsets change the bowl projections.
A new top team?
This past week saw a few upsets in the Mountain West with Boise State losing to BYU and then San Jose State improving to 3-0 after getting a marquee victory over San Diego State.
The Boise State loss does not impact the conference race and only sort of impacts the bowl lineup since it is usually done by order of finish. However, with so few games in the 2020 season, any loss could drop a team to a lesser bowl game. Yet, popularity is also key for bowl games in where teams go or don’t go.
- College Football Playoff/New Year’s Six Bowl (Fiesta or Cotton)
- Los Angeles (Bowl name TBA) vs. Pac-12, Los Angeles
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC, Boise, Idaho
- New Mexico Bowl vs. C-USA, Albuquerque, N.M.
- NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. MAC, Tucson, Ariz.
- CANCELED SoFi Hawai’i Bowl vs. AAC or C-USA, Honolulu
- Tropical Smoothie Café Frisco Bowl vs. AAC, C-USA, AAC