Mountain West Bowl Projections After Week 9
A few changes to the bowl landscape
We have bowl dates.
Another week of games and we have no bowl projections plus we have bowl dates for the entire bowl season, so there is some clarity on what games will be played.
There is no new update on the status of the Los Angeles Bowl which has been in question, plus the New Mexico Bowl being played in Albuquerque could find some issues since there currently is a 14-day quarantine on anyone arriving for out of the state. This is why the Lobos are going to train in Las Vegas before they head to Hawaii for next week’s game.
Bring on the confetti 🏈 🎉…
— Bowl Season (@collegebowls) October 30, 2020
This week’s games are going to shuffle things up for some of the teams that both won and lost. Hawaii is now 1-1 after dropping this week’s game against Wyoming. San Jose State is 2-0 for the first time in 33 years and is on track for its first bowl game since 2015.
As for the New Year’s Six Bowl game, it as of now is out of reach as Cincinnati is moving closer inside the top-10. Boise State which is the highest-ranked Mountain West team and it would go a long way for them to shoot up the rankings if they were to beat BYU this Friday night and narrow that game.
- College Football Playoff/New Year’s Six Bowl (Fiesta or Cotton)
- Los Angeles (Bowl name TBA) vs. Pac-12, Los Angeles
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC, Boise, Idaho
- New Mexico Bowl vs. C-USA, Albuquerque, N.M.
- NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. MAC, Tucson, Ariz.
- CANCELED SoFi Hawai’i Bowl vs. AAC or C-USA, Honolulu
- Tropical Smoothie Café Frisco Bowl vs. AAC, C-USA, AAC