Mountain West Bowl Projections After Week 8
A few changes to the bowl landscape
Los Angeles Bowl in question?
The Mountain West season is finally here and that means we will be doing weekly bowl projections or guesses. The bowl situation has already changed with the Hawaii Bowl taking a year off and now there is the possibility that the Los Angeles Bowl could be going away.
Fenway Bowl will not be played this year, sources told @Stadium. Was to debut this season b/w ACC & AAC. Also Myrtle Beach & Los Angeles in doubt, reducing number of bowls to 34. “Holiday’s decision not to play is 1st domino to fall, more will follow not playing,” source said
— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) October 23, 2020
If the Los Angeles game goes away then the Mountain West would have just four bowl games locked in for this season. For the sake of extra games, let’s all hope that the Los Angeles Bowl goes ahead as scheduled.
- College Football Playoff/New Year’s Six Bowl (Fiesta or Cotton)
- Los Angeles (Bowl name TBA) vs. Pac-12, Los Angeles
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC, Boise, Idaho
- New Mexico Bowl vs. C-USA, Albuquerque, N.M.
- NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. MAC, Tucson, Ariz.
- CANCELED SoFi Hawai’i Bowl vs. AAC or C-USA, Honolulu
- Tropical Smoothie Café Frisco Bowl vs. AAC, C-USA, AAC