Mountain West Bowl Projections After Week 5
A few changes to the bowl landscape
No Hawaii Bowl hurts options.
With only one game in the books within the Mountain West, we did not have plans on doing more bowl projections until the full league gets going. Air Force’s 40-7 win over Navy does bolster its chances but the reason for a new update is because the Hawaii Bowl is taking the year off and not be played in 2020.
This means the Mountain West is down a bowl spot and now has five bowl options instead of six. With one less game for the conference, we will do one more update until the league plays its first full slate of games on the weekend of Oct. 24.
- College Football Playoff/New Year’s Six Bowl (Fiesta or Cotton)
- Los Angeles (Bowl name TBA) vs. Pac-12, Los Angeles
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC, Boise, Idaho
- New Mexico Bowl vs. C-USA, Albuquerque, N.M.
- NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. MAC, Tucson, Ariz.
- CANCELED SoFi Hawai’i Bowl vs. AAC or C-USA, Honolulu
- Tropical Smoothie Café Frisco Bowl vs. AAC, C-USA, AAC