2020 Mountain West Bowl Tie-Ins
Where will MW teams go bowling?
Contact/Follow @JeremyMauss & @MWCwire
New bowl games in 2020
The Mountain West has a new set of bowl matchups and locations starting in 2020. The Las Vegas Bowl is no more as the top bowl game for the conference and that is replaced by the new Los Angeles Bowl that will get the No. 1 pick as well as face the No. 7 Pac-12 team.
Mountain West Bowl Partners, 2020-2026
- College Football Playoff/New Year’s Six Bowl
- Los Angeles (Bowl name TBA) vs. Pac-12, Los Angeles
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC, Boise, Idaho
- New Mexico Bowl vs. C-USA, Albuquerque, N.M.
- NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. MAC, Tucson, Ariz.
- SoFi Hawai’i Bowl vs. AAC or C-USA, Honolulu
- Tropical Smoothie Café Frisco Bowl vs. AAC, C-USA, AAC
- Cheez-It® Bowl vs. Big Ten or Big 12, Phoenix (MW is an alternate)
“We’re very pleased with our bowl lineup for the next cycle,” Commissioner Craig Thompson said. “We feel we have an exceptional group of bowl partners. We’re adding a game at the new, state-of-the-art stadium in Los Angeles, which is very exciting.
“Plus, we’ll be in some familiar locations with many long-time bowl partners. These partnerships are going to provide the Mountain West with attractive bowl destinations, exciting matchups and an improved financial situation for our members.”
The lineup is pretty similar compared to the past few years as are the opponents. Having a bowl in Dallas and Los Angeles is great for recruiting to have a presence in those areas.
It would be nice if there was one or two more games vs. a Power 5 opponent but that is the way things are with P5 teams wanting to face their own kind.