Mike Bobo Is Highest Paid Coach In The Mountain West
USA TODAY released its coaches salaries among FBS schools.
These coaches make a lot of money
USA TODAY released its annual coaches salaries and it is the time of year and the numbers are huge and even with the Group of Five leagues, like the Mountain West.
There are five teams that make over $1 million and the highest paid coach who makes seven figures is not Bryan Harsin of Boise State, but instead, it is Colorado State’s Mike Bobo who is close to $2 million despite going 7-6 in each of his first three years and is struggling this year with a 1-4 record including a loss to Illinois State.
One surprise at the other end of the spectrum is that San Diego State’s Rocky Long who has 32 wins in his prior three seasons but he is in the bottom half at $873,576. Still, that is great money but compared to his peers in the conference Long is probably underpaid.
Air Force does not release the salary of its coaches but the Colorado Springs Gazette’s reporting puts Troy Calhoun just under $1 million per year and has him in the middle of the pack.
MW football coach annual salaries
1. (66) Mike Bobo, CSU, $1.8 million
2. (72) Bryan Harsin, Boise State, $1.65 million
3. (76) Jeff Tedford, Fresno State, $1.55 million
4. (85) Craig Bohl, Wyoming, $1.41 million
5. x-Troy Calhoun, Air Force, $950,000* (Per the Colorado Springs Gazette)
6. (85) Matt Wells, Utah State, $900,000
7. (87) Rocky Long, San Diego State, $873,576
8. (90) Bob Davie, New Mexico, $823,740
9. (106) Tony Sanchez, UNLV, $600,000
10. (107) Brent Brennan, San Jose State, $590,424
11. (113) Jay Norvell, Nevada, $500,000
12. (114) Nick Rolovich, Hawaii, $486,504