NIT Bracketology: Is Boise State A Lock?
The Broncos are very likely heading to the NIT
What other Mountain West teams will be in the NIT.
Boise State’s NCAA chances were dashed as they fell to Utah State in the Mountain West tournament quarterfinals and that all but assures them an NIT bid, assuming they accept. The Broncos very likely will accept and should be hosting one, if not more home games, for the event.
While the Broncos are in there could be another team or two joining them and that second team very likely seems to be San Diego State.
First off, here are the teams that have clinched an auto-bid to the NIT: Rider, Florida Gulf Coast, UNC Ashville and Northern Kentucky.
Here are the latest projections.
- NYC Buckets (3/8): (4) San Diego State vs. (5) Washington, (3) Boise State vs. (6) BYU
- All Things NIT (3/8):(2) Boise State vs. (7) UC Davis. They have San Diego State in consideration.
- Best Damn Bracket (3/8): (4) Davidson vs. (5) San Diego State, (4) Boise State vs. (5) Boston College
- Carolina Sports Thoughts (3/9) (4) Boise State vs. (5) Colorado
- DRatings (3/9): (3) Boise State vs. (6) South Dakota, (4) San Diego State vs. (5) Old Dominion
- RTS Ratings (3/7) (2) San Diego State vs. (7) Florida Gulf Coast, (1) Boise State vs. (8) Wagner