NIT Bracketology Projections: Three Mountain West Teams In The Mix
How many teams will make it to the NIT?
The NIT could feature multiple Mountain West teams?
With some conference tournaments in the books, the NIT field is starting to fill up as there are automatic bids given to regular season champions who do not win its conference tournament, and obviously are not at-large teams to the NCAA Tournament.
The Mountain West has a few teams which should be considered for the NIT and they are Boise State, San Diego State, Fresno State and perhaps New Mexico.
There is an alarming number of websites which track brackets so here we go. Oh, and Boise State has literally no shot at an at-large NCAA Tournament bid.
First off, here are the teams that have clinched an auto-bid to the NIT: Rider, Florida Gulf Coast, UNC Ashville and Northern Kentucky.
- Bracketball (2/26): (2) Boise State vs. (7) BYU and (1) Utah vs. (8) Fresno St
- NYC Buckets (3/6): (4) Stanford vs. (5) San Diego State, 3. Boise St. 6. Davidson
- All Things NIT (3/6): (2) Boise State vs. (7) Montana. They have San Diego State, Wyoming and Fresno State in consideration.
- Best Damn Bracket (3/5): (4) Stanford vs. (5) San Diego State
- Carolina Sports Thoughts (3/6) (1) Boise State vs. (8) Southern Illinois
- DRatings (3/5): (2) Boise State vs. (7) College of Charleston, (3) Utah vs. (6) Fresno State, (4) San Diego State vs. (5) BYU
- Jason Wells Bracketology (3/5): (5) Tulsa at (4) Boise State, (5) San Diego State at (4) Stanford
- RTS Ratings (3/5) (2) San Diego State vs. (7) Temple, (1) Boise State vs. (8) UNC Ashville
Look for constant updates this week on the NIT and also NCAA Tournament projections.