The Second Incoming Wolf Pack Transfer Makes The Top 25
Martin, twin of teammate Cody, could be one of the top transfers in the country this season
Martin spent his first two seasons with North Carolina State
Next up in the MWC Wire Top 25 Basketball Countdown is Nevada forward Caleb Martin.
Martin, who is formerly of North Carolina State, spent his first two seasons with the Wolfpack before transferring to the Nevada Wolf Pack.
Martin averaged 11.5 points per game in 2015-16 in addition to 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists a night. He started 19 of his 33 appearances with N.C. State. Martin connected on 36.1% of his three-point attempts, tallying 79 total triples on the year. The 79 three-pointers is the highest total of any returning Nevada player this season.
Once Martin returns from his ongoing turf toe injury, expect him to make a huge impact on Nevada’s 2017-18 season. He will likely be an immediate starter, and can play at a high level for an extended period time after recording a 75.6% minute percentage in 2015-16. His 6-7, 195-pound frame and positionless skillset make up a perfect combination for Eric Musselman and his roster.
- 8 – Caleb Martin, Nevada
- 9 – Malik Pope, San Diego State
- 10 – Devin Watson, San Diego State
- 11 – Deshon Taylor, Fresno State
- 12 – Jaron Hopkins, Fresno State
- 13 – Hayden Dalton, Wyoming
- 14 – Jeremy Hemsley, San Diego State
- 15 – Jovan Mooring, UNLV
- 16 – Jordan Johnson, UNLV
- 17 – Lindsey Drew, Nevada
- 18 – Shakur Juiston, UNLV
- 19 – Ryan Welage, San Jose State
- 20 – Sam Logwood, New Mexico
- 21 – Jeremiah Paige, Colorado State
- 22 – Jahmel Taylor, Fresno State
- 23 – Justinian Jessup, Boise State
- 24 – Alan Herndon, Wyoming
- 25 – Dane Kuiper, New Mexico
- Honorable Mentions